About Rick May
Meet Rick May – Your Reverse mortgage Specialist
Meet Rick May, Reverse Mortgage Specialist NMLS # 582949
Rick is a native of Northern California and lived in Sonoma County for 33 years. The pacific northwest has always been a place he loved, especially Portland Oregon and Vancouver Washington. He is the father of 3 grown children, and enjoys being outdoors and spending quality time with family and friends. Rick got his start in the Mortgage Industry in 1984, and has worked with thousands of home buyers and homeowners all throughout northern California, and over the past few years the Portland and Vancouver metro areas. During these years, Rick also helped many adults age 62 and over obtain an FHA insured Reverse Mortgage. After witnessing first hand the tremendous benefits that reverse mortgages were having on his clients, Rick decided to devote his entire mortgage practice to that segment of the busines
He realizes that there are a few popular misconceptions and in some cases, confusion about Reverse Mortgage line of credit. According to Rick May, “There is a need to help a growing number of consumers in Oregon, Washington and California, who are considering whether a reverse mortgage is a good fit for their retirement needs. Reverse mortgages may enable many Americans to live comfortably in their homes during their retirement years”. However, it takes an individual with a great deal of specialized knowledge to help people make the best, most informed decisions, and Rick has these qualities.
“Because of the way the reverse mortgage product is designed, it may be a good solution for many people, and may help them maintain financial independence while remaining in their homes,” notes May, “One of the best things about my profession is that I get to see first-hand how a reverse mortgage can make such a positive impact on people’s lives—and I’m very proud to be a part of that process.
- Rick has been arranging home loans for 36 years…(since 1984).
- Works with reverse mortgage clients and advisers exclusively (for the past 12 years)
- He’s all about educating the client. They really need to understand all of their options.
- Rick knows the product options like the back of his hand, and can help clients structure their RM appropriately.
- Rick acts as an adviser to the client and their family (if they want the family involved).
- Attorneys and financial advisers regularly refer clients to him.